Who We Are
Curtis Barrier International is a civil/ environmental engineering company that consults, designs and installs engineered geomembrane containment systems specifically designed for the containment of hazardous and polluting waste, chemicals, fuel and process and potable water.
With a reputation of excellence for innovation, reliability and safety, Curtis Barrier Intl provides solutions for mining, construction, petrochemical, infrastructure, landfill, site remediation, agriculture projects and municipal utilities including landfill cells, sewerage treatment and evaporation ponds.
The company’s comprehensive services and products include supply, installation and testing of geomembranes and other specialist geomembrane polymer blends and geosynthetic materials for specific engineering design considerations. Curtis Barrier Intl also innovates and designs materials for vertical wall sealing systems, lining systems and high flow drainage materials. Furthermore, the materials that Curtis Barrier Intl designs can be modified to suit site specific applications. A technically oriented and experienced geosynthetic designer, supplier and installer CBI’s core activities promote superior practical designs and installations without compromising QAQC protocols that include MQA and external third party testing, in addition to on-site testing.
Why Choose Us?
Curtis Barrier International is committed to ensuring all of our projects meet a high level of Quality Assurance, Environmental Management & Health and Safety. Experience in the industry for over 37years, our company has installed geosynthetics systems Australia wide & Internationally. CBI's installation crew are supported by experienced civil/environmental engineers, including management with over 100years combined experience in their respective Geosynthetic field.
- Total Turn Key services
- Design and Construction
- Material Design Innovations
- QAQC Material Systems
- QAQC Installation Systems
- In-house engineers and installation personnel
- Maintenance/ Repair of geosynthetics
- Australia-wide and extensive installation experience in both remote and culturally diverse regions.
- International installation experience in both remote and culturally diverse regions.
- Electrical leak detection
- Cost effective geosynthetics systems
- 37 years of experience for designing & installation of lining systems for containment structures throughout Australia, South Pacific, South East Asia, The Middle East & South America.
- Design & innovation of Geosynthetics materials for constructability, testability, survivability, cost effective.
- Innovation of vertical wall sealing systems for landfills, water infrastructure projects, tunnel structures.
- Innovation of Landfill Gas conveyance systems.
- Innovation of hazardous vapour barrier systems.
- Designed & Installed the hazardous waste landfill cell for Area 4 Olympic Site Remediation Project.
- Installed over 2.3million m2 of heap leach pads & pond lining at Telfer Gold Mine.
- Vertically installed barrier geolock out of wall barrier systems to contaminated site.